Tuesday, October 05, 2004

just when you think it couldn't get any worse...

this thought was on my mind all day. so i was walking along today thinking to myself, "if only i got my phone back...God would be so good to me". i had given up trusting that the phone would ever return because i didn't feel like being let down. the problem with my thought was that i realized the fallacy in it...God is always good to me! wow. i always tend to forget that just because everything doesn't go according to my plan, that God has something better in store for me. everyone's comment to me when my fiasco week was over that it could only get better. so i thought until i had another dramatic incedent this afternoon with a lost trinkadink that i don't feel i should disclose at the moment for my protection from angry parents. hey, siblings, don't go snitching...i've fixed it already. anyway, it was important enough for me to cry over. my hopes had been dashed on the rocks of life, i was eaten by the bad news bear...however you want to look at it, i couldn't imagine why this was happening to me.

God is good, though. just when i thought it couldn't get any worse, he fixed it. as i plunked unhappily away at my chem homework this evening, a got a call on my dorm phone. it was an unfamiliar voice, but the unfamiliar voice knew my name and where i lived. a bit strange. but the words "i have your cell phone" shocked me. spazz! okay, i know that i've been talking y'alls ears off about this stupid phone issue. but come on. how amazing is it to get something back that you've lost over a week ago and had totally given up hope on? maybe its God's way of teaching me not to rely so much on material things. actually, i think its more of God's way of showing me that he plan is always best and i need to rely on Him. i've grown pretty dependant on my cell phone, and this distance from it over the past week has helped me realize that i can function without it...its just a lot more difficult to be social.

i think my mom might look into having me go into surgery to have the phone permenantly attatched to me so this dosen't happen again. anyway, the phone is finally back in the possession of its long lost owner. i'm so relieved. i was kinda getting tired of being a sulky person all the time...its hard to be happy when you know you are a disappointment.

i have some wonderful new additions to my phone...thanks to the theif/finder, source of pain and joy, whom i despise and love at the same time. wonderful rap ringtones that i'm sure i'll be using quite often (y'all know how i love rap!). oh well. whatever price i have to pay for those stupid ringtones is nothing compared to what i would have paid for a new phone.

moral of the story: God is *always* good to me.

3 comments:

Colettie said...

yay beans! i am almost just as happy that your phone was found... and it's sucha relief isn't it?!? God is good all the time and it's wonderful to see Him at work in your life. now, if only He'd work on one more thing...
love ya lots

xfevv said...

Wow!!! It is amazing how God works in the small things in our lives as well as in the big things. Just goes to show that God is concerned with every aspect of our lives and He is able to move in ways that we would never think about. I hope you don't mind a stranger commenting on here. i just happened to come across your blog and saw you talking about God. That allways catches my attention. Feel free to check out my blog www.klaobeforehim.blogspot.com any time. God bless

Jeannine said...

i don't think i fully explain this story in any previous posts...so if you need the background information, here it is.

i returned from an ruf retreat on a sunday at the end of september. i ate dinner at colette's apartment that night and then anna and i began to walk back to our dorms. within three minutes of leaving her apartment, i realized i didn't have my phone. i had anna call it while we traced our steps back. when we didn't find it, i figured i had just left it in the apartment, so anna called colette.

no good, because it wasn't anywhere to be found. i spent the next week frantically calling my phone, begging whoever might have it to return it to me on voicemails. i posted signs all around the complex. i even text messaged my phone from the web. with no avail, i had given up and finally told my parents of my screw up (losing my phone after only having it for a little over a month).

day 8, i was trying to decide what kind of phone i should buy...stressing in tears over the price. the evening of day 9 without a phone, i recieved the call that informed me that they had my phone and turned it into the lost and found. amazing.