Saturday, October 02, 2004

getting to know you

mafia is a good way to get to know people. but then again, its hard to play the game when you don't know the people. friday night was game night at an ruf-ers apartment. it was a rather small group struggling to play guesstures at first because no one was paying much attention. everyone got into catch phrase but after an hour or so of that, we decided to play mafia. now mafia is a good 'ole youth group game that brings back memories of betrayl and deciet. it is kinda complicated to explain, so if you have no idea what it is, bear with me. it is basically a game where you have to analyze people and guess whether or not they are telling the truth. man, becca was so crushed that time i was the mafia and lied straight to her face. i don't think she'll ever forgive me.

it was difficult trying to read the faces of people that you just met...the game was a little slow starting. we didn't even lynch anyone until the fourth round. i'm so proud of myself, though, cuz i figured it out. too bad i didn't get the chance to say it before everyone lynched me, an innocent townsperson. it was luke and a guy named nick...who tried to withdraw himself from the game by reading a book on the side and even attemted to defend me to get me to trust him. didn't work. luke was a little more difficult to guess...the thought of it being him didn't really cross my mind until the end. anyway, i was suspicious until it was finally confirmed in my mind, but no one would listen to me anymore cuz luke had convinced them to vote for me. darn it. next time we play, i'll know right away.

No comments: