Monday, December 13, 2004

today we salute you...

this is a popular little salutation on many people's away messages, which i find humorous:

Today we salute you, stressed out college student during exam week. As you sit in your lonely cubical in the library, doped up on Starbucks & Adderall, you think to yourself, am I ever going to need to know this stuff in life? The distractions are tempting, and you have suddenly diagnosed yourself with ADD, along with advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage. I'm sure by now you know exactly what everyone is doing because you have checked your buddy list 800 times. Christmas break is just days away, and your Prozac prescription will be in tomorrow. So crack open an ice cold *Bud Light after that last exam, because for most of us, Christmas will be spent in rehab.

*okay, so i'd strongly urge those not over 21, including myself, to substitute this with Coke-a-cola

i'd also like to add that i took my english exam...not too great, but we'll see. i did, however, get my santa paper back and made an A! yay! the thing is, i'm rather upset about my professer's rather rude comment: "your prose is pretty good, but your analysis is rather mundane (though i get the feeling you think it is daring somehow)."

what??? come again? let me throw you a few synonyms: ordinary, dull, routine, boring, everyday, commonplace, unexciting, dreary...shall i go on? did he just totally diss me on my final paper? i wonder which of those actually fit my paper. come on now...apparently everything i write on is unoriginal and lacks creativity. my second paper on the paul hamm controversy was "an adequate paper, but not very imaginative." i don't know what this man is expecting from me. i guess i offended him somehow and he wanted to have the last word. stinker. i just so happen to find his comments "rather mundane".

No comments: