Tuesday, November 30, 2004

visit to the doctor

for those of you who know me well, you'll never believe it. i went to the health center yesterday. i know, i know. i've never been prone to take medicine or go to the doctor, or anyone for that matter, when something is wrong with me. i prefer to stick out my illnesses as long as possible without drug intervention or obvious doctor analyses. whats strange is that i'm not really sick. yet, that is. since saturday i've had a dry, stinging throat, minor headaches every once in awhile, and feeling a bit groggy. with only three weeks before the end of the semester, theres no time to waste lying in bed being too sick to function. so i decided to pay a visit to the health center on the other side of campus. turns out that my illness is still too early in its stages to diagnose it. the doctor's reply basically told me to wait a few days until it gets worse, come back, and then she'll decide what it is. wonderful. just what i wanted to hear. of course, the usual perscription of up the sleep, fluid intake, and vitamin c was recommended to boost the good 'ole immune system. she also wrote me a perscription for some samples of allegra-d...gotta love those free samples. the visit was free, too.

of course, with a 2 am bedtime and 6:50 am wake-up call from a lab partner who doesn't know didly squat about the lab to ask me stupid questions doesn't benefit my health. still working on homework...spent about 3 hours on chem homework and only have 47% correct. can't wait til this is over. i've got a few ideas for my english paper floating around in my head, so i guess thats a good sign. i also have to get started on my sociology paper. i didn't do so great on the last one and my prof wants to look over it before i turn it in to make sure i'm on the right track. benefits of being in an honors class where the prof actually cares.

i'm hoping for a movie night tonight...whether it be here with the girls (while you were sleeping, perhaps) or over at 0-house with the guys, i don't care. as long as i get to bed at a decent hour.

No comments: