Thursday, November 11, 2004

to slack or slack some more?

i've tried to jump start my studying time for chemistry. yes. i've read a total of about 7 pages of chemistry: the core science, ninth edition before i felt like i was going to drift off into a deep sleep due to being extremely bored. so maybe that’s my problem. i simply am just not interested in chemistry. how the heck to people want to study that crap?? no idea. it baffles me. so i wrote a smoozy "feel bad for me cuz i'm trying my best" e-mail to my professor today requesting an appointment to meet with him. what would i do at this meeting, you ask? hmmm...thats actually a good question. what more can i say than, "help me! my grades suck and i'm sure the next one will be even worse! save me from myself!"? i don't think that would go over too well with him. i guess i need to convince him that i have put too much effort into this class to be getting this kind of grade...especially as an honors student. sorry kids...but high grades are supposed to be one of the benefits of the honors program. so why isn't it working out for me in my first semester? when i get the memo, i'll let you know.

geez. seems like all i do on this is vent about my chemistry class. what a relief next semester will be for y'all when you don't have to listen to my daily complaining about it. believe me, it will be an even bigger relief to me...that is if i pass :).

auburn. everyone keeps insisting that i go. i'm really debating it. things are looking decent now, i suppose. both papers pushed back a few days...maybe a few convincing words from my chem prof if he doesn't have the heart to get back to me and tell me i'm a hopeless case. who knows. i'm on the verge of completing my sociology paper and if i can spew at least two pages of words that somewhat relate to my english paper topic, i might just go. i need to decide...prolly within the next four hours. that means i should prolly get back to that. i loathe homework. but who doesn't? maybe i'll reward myself, if i get enough done of course, by watching moulin rouge.

No comments: