Monday, September 13, 2004

Lifetime...television for women

okay, if any of you have ever seen a movie on this channel, you would definately agree with me. the storylines are coated with velveeta. velveeta is drenched in the character's clothes, velveeta oozes in the smile that the "hunk" of the movie flashes. have you noticed how terribly hideous the guys are? every storyline is the same. the girl falls in love with the guy, the guy is a complete jerk, the woman is heartbroken, and finally, she vows to never trust a guy again. my roommate is typing her ethics paper to a wedding planner inspired lifetime movie right now and i can't help but gag at the drama it is trying to create. okay, so here is a line from the movie that is on now:
"how can you cheat on me with my own brother? no, i won't take darla as my wife. i would never marry this woman. darla, i'm breaking up with you!" dun dun dun dunnnnnn....
oh! never saw that one coming.
Heres another good one...different characters, of course:
"we're not really married. well, i mean we are technically, but we're going through a divorce. so can we please just forget that i'm married and start this relationship over?"
what wonderful entertainment...such quality television.

in the meantime, i'm trying to get all this homework done. i've got two 3-5 page papers to write, a chem pre-lab to do, chem problems to work, a stat exam to study for, a sociology video to watch...it just goes on and on. but i had a nice break this weekend and now i just have to deal with the side effects of this problem called procrastination. i got to shop at lennox mall for some red and black dress clothes for football games. took marta (which is smarta, as my brother always says) back to tech. it was my first time on the main form of atl transportation. quite dirty i do have to say. i can't believe they charge $1.75 for one way....i guess you gotta do what you gotta do. after a three hour car drive up to the lake we got to lay on the boat and ski until we were exhausted. both of becca's roommates got up! yay! so exciting. they never had before. quite a successful day.

okay, get this. as i said on friday, my parents weren't willing to drop me off on the way home because it was "too far out of the way". whatever. we stopped for a chicken strip dinner at zaxby's no more than 25 minutes outside of uga. it would be too much trouble to drag the tech girls 25 minutes out of the way that night than to make me drive the remaining two hours back to ptc and then two hours back the next day. great. really, four hour drive out of the way for me is much better. it was then that i realized that they just wanted me to come home. what the heck. they then offered to take me back when i commented on it, but i figgured i'd just go home. i got to see my buddies at church on sunday. my good friend, leigh, was nice enough to chop off five inches of my hair for me in the kitchen of the church. you wouldn't believe how fast word travels that theres a haircut going on. i could safely guarantee that seven people wandered in and said, "oh! there is someone getting a haircut in here." so now the ends of my hair reside on my shoulders...which i believe is the same as my sister's. we havn't had our hair the same length since seventh grade. crazy.

the trip back to school was incredably uncomfortable. we drove up in my dad's ford ranger...three accross the front. it was hardly big enough for me....why did my mom keep offering to switch seats with me? she had no intetion of truly sitting there. its funny how people do that, ya know? well, if any of you would like me to add your homework to the loads of mine, just let me know.

p.s. DISCLAIMER: just wanted to sound considerate. i won't really do it.

No comments: