Thursday, September 09, 2004

bubbly, frisbee, and sisters

okay y'all. break out the bubbly and celebrate with me! i actually passed my chem test! maybe it wasn't with flying colors, but i do have to say that an 85.86% isn't too shabby for my first college exam. i do have to recognize my wonderful friend and study buddy, colette, who so kindly helped me memorize the formula and charges for chlorate, carbonate, phospahte, acetate, perchlorate, permanganate, nitrate....okay, i won't bore you with the rest. anyway, my somewhat average score was due mostly to my stupidity and being out of practice of taking tests.

i've finally joined an ultimate team. its a group of girls from my hall, 2-south, and our wonderful team captains have selected "dominating dueces" as our name. fabulous. i actually had to look up "dueces" on dictionary.com to figure out what the heck it meant. okay, so maybe my vocab skills aren't that great. without too clear of a definition, i've come to deduce (haha) that it is either the number two on dice or a devil/demon character. chances are, its the second. i just want to know how they came up with it. oh well, whats in a name, right? we're gonna kick butt, thats all i know.

sadly, my twin sister prefers to spend time with her new "sisters" next weekend rather than visiting me here in athens. she just joined the sorority yesterday...i guess she got a pair of pantyhose in time to pledge. didn't take long to become second. i'm just kidding, really, but it sure would have been fun. instead, i'm hoping that she'll be able to come with us on the ruf retreat that is on the weekend of the 24th. i hope she doesn't think that that counts as coming to visit me, though. it definately doesn't. anyway, we get to go to the lake this weekend! i am psyched because i haven't been more than 4 times this year. what a shame. i can't wait to bask in the forcast of 85 degree sunshine and cloudless skies. maybe i'll get some of my long lost color back. megan and i are leaving as soon as we get out of class at 2:15 and she'll drop me off at tech were i get to have a sleepover with becca and her roomies! yay! gotta love it.

No comments: