Thursday, April 28, 2005

spring fever

i'm pretty sure i'm the one to blame for the cold/crappy weather for the past week. yes, today was a rather nice day, but referring back to last weekend and looking at the forecast for next week, i'd say the weathers been rough.

why do i point the finger at myself? well, last week i took too much advantage of the 80 degree weather. every day after i got out of my classes (which end around noon), i was out on the quad soaking up some sun...just me, the ipod, and my big t-shirt quilt (and, of course, the occasional company of friends). anyway, thats pretty much what i did all afternoon, every afternoon. of course, i could have done some reading (for hw, not joy), but i took the excuse that the light bouncing off the white pages of my book hurt my eyes. obviously, i didn't get any homework done last week. you're still prolly trying to figure out what i have to do with the weather. well, i have a confession to make. i actually complained about it being so nice. i know...its terrible. i have no idea what was going through my mind when those cruel words escaped from my lips.

apparently, the warm weather was giving me what you'd call "spring fever." i had all the symptoms: laziness, obsessive compulsiveness to be in the sunshine, stress free, mind on summertime, ignoring all homework. yes, its obvious thats what i had/have. for some awful reason, i suddenly became conscious of my state of bliss. the remedy? get a cold front and dark rain clouds. somehow thats what i prescribed myself unconsciously...because somehow thats what happened. instead of being responsible and admitting that i'm a procrastinator, i claimed that the beautiful weather was at fault. i said it was torturous...that it was distracting me from my studies. boy was i wrong. i'm always distracted from my studies.

i think the sun was offended by my rudeness and is now sulking behind its black curtain and crying. occasionally, he peeks his face, but only enough to let me know that he's somewhere back there. maybe he wants an apology.


dearest sunshine,
i'm sorry for what i said. i did you wrong and i didn't really mean it. i miss you deeply. please come back to me...its not warm when you're away.
forever yours,
jeannine

4 comments:

Kaitlin said...

so you're the one to blame! i'm mad at you.

tk said...

its SNOWING right now. SNOW! even in canada, this is cold. and now i see that its YOUR fault? i hate you.

Jeannine said...

gosh! i'm so sorry y'all..i said i was.

maybe i should have only taken the blame for the weather within the borders of the peach state. i think everyone is about to have my head.

tk said...

its ok, all is forgiven... i guess. :)

and yeah, you REALLY need to get some david crowder. fantastic, amazing stuff.

best. christian. band. ever.