Tuesday, May 10, 2005

the freshman year has ended.

its over. as of right now, my freshman year has come to an abrupt close. it just doesn't really seem like its over. but the bare walls and all of my belongings arranged in boxes by the door is evidence of this fact. it feels like its just a week long break...or maybe even like i'm leaving, but i'm expecting to be right back here in this dorm sitting here typing next semester. i'm going to miss it. i'm going to miss my cramped room, the bright colors, my fabulous roommate, my friends on the hall, the odd people on the hall, getting a shower whenever i want (only one shower for six girls next year), and so much more. i just can't seem to understand how any year can go much faster than this, even though i've been told it goes by faster every year. holy cow.

i went to my last exam this morning...my last class really. we turned in our final drawings and had to talk about them in front of the class. i've posted mine below...as a work in progress. i thought it would be interesting to see it come together in stages, although i didn't take pictures at as many intervals as i would ideally.

right now, i'm waiting for my mom to pick me up to take me to the lake. a few days in the sunshine....its finally SUMMER!!! i leave a week from today for my camp counselor job out in texas! i'm still not sure how often i'll have time to post things. perhaps i'll make a blog devoted to my summer experience. well, my mom will be mad if i'm not all packed before she arrives.

No comments: