Wednesday, March 30, 2005

sleep late, dream more

i'm deciding to heed these words of advice that were inscribed onto a piece of tinfoil. dove chocolates has these fortune cookie type sayings on each of their wrappers...and i typically ignore them. i mean, who really wants to bathe in chocolate? thats just gross. but sleeping late and dreaming more, now i can finally apply that to myself.

of course, if you know me, sleeping late is an oppourtunity that does not present itself to me very often. i knock all of my classes out before noon...for the most part. as a result, i am up and out of bed by 7 or 8 am every school day. but tomorrow, i have fortunately been blessed with the gift of sleep. my drawing professor decided to cancel class, since he already used subs all last week and will be gone again tomorrow. finally. since this is a three hour class, that means i really don't have any reason to get out of bed until 11. holy cow. i don't think i could possibly sleep that late...but the sound of it is so wonderful...i'm already feeling rested.

as for dreaming, i register for classes tomorrow. i don't even know what classes i'm taking. so, i'm hoping God will may be reveal something to me in regards to what i should take. it would also be nice if He revealed to me what i should do with the rest of my life...but lets not push it. i really wish i had a career goal. goals, i can reach. i'm really good at going after things. but wandering aimlessly in search of something, not so good. all i know i want to do is something creative...and creativity is quite broad. so, hopefully in my extra three hours of sleep, i'll dream about my future...because its quickly galloping toward reality.

speaking of dreams, they're quite strange. for the past few nights, random people who i haven't seen in forever are popping up in my dreams. they're static characters, but still, they're there. and then, theres those people that you know is someone, but looks nothing like them. or you're somewhere where you call your house, but it is nowhere you've been before. or something morphs from one thing to another....like a dog becomes a horse, and then a talking parrot...yet its still the same thing. maybe i'm not making sense, but you'd have to agree, dreams are so random sometimes.

some people believe that all dreams have some kind of meaning. it makes me laugh every time i think about it because of what my old youth pastor once said. this topic came up and he said "i dreamed about babies surfing in my closet...you can't convince me that means anything." maybe its one of those things where you had to be there or the way he said it. but i'd have to agree...some things are just too random to have any meaning.

No comments: