Tuesday, August 30, 2005

spam comments

so my speculations (refer to comment section) were correct. what is the world really coming to??

all i wanted to do was post a few pictures from anna's surprise 20th birthday and suddenly, "the birthday girl" is slammed with ridiculous spam.

for instance, what am i gonna do with a london magician blog? i'm not harry potter. i sure as heck am not searching for this resolve: "how to buy & sell product design news on interest free credit." and can't they come up with a better name for a site than "psychology in respect to info on psychology?" thats a bit repetitive.

most of these spams have nothing to do with the intro sentence. can someone please explain the link between middle-aged affairs in japan and complete system stuff? how about the minnesota state fair and money at home? no connection? oh, heres a good one: hurricane katrina and penile enlargement exercise. what????

i get all excited to get a comment, turns out to be crap like this. stupid comments that are sandwiched with a compliment about the site, an "i'm bookmarking you", a link to their site "that pretty much covers _____ related stuff, if you're interested," and "come by if you have time". stupid smiley with a nose. who uses smilies with noses? and you don't fool me, i know you haven't even read my site.

but no more. now i have to make my honest commentors go through the pains of "word verification." so there. happy?

and anonymous comment #1, i did not let you post on my site. i don't care if my readers might be interested in your wedding crap. my blog is not a retail store. therefore, i've taken out all the links to your stupid sites because i refuse to support those who vandalize my site. but i've left the comments up because...well, they're stupid. and somewhat entertaining.


anyway, i'm too mad to summarize anna's party, so colette can do it for me.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Stumbled across your blog from a comment you made on 'She just walks around with it'.

Since I never managed to go to college (joined the military straight out of highschool) I think I'll read your blog more often to get some insight on what I missed!

Dan said...

Oh...as long as you stop talking about spiders...

Jeannine said...

i'll do my best to avoid the subject. lol