Thursday, March 05, 2009

interview report: first round

well, i had the interview this evening. met with the guy for about an hour and fifteen minutes...which seems like a long time which may mean good things, perhaps? he basically just had me talk about myself. he asked me to give him examples of things like "tell me about a time when you had to deal with a really difficult client?", "what are some hobbies you have?", and "tell me about an instance when someone snubbed you?". that last one, especially, caught me off guard. i'm not one who likes to hold grudges and my memory is a little fuzzy when asked to give a specific instance of such a thing. i definitely know how it feels to be snubbed, but bringing to mind an exact case is difficult. i tried to come up with an answer...which was probably not clear and answered his question pretty poorly.

so basically i guess he was just trying to assess my people skills in general. it is a retail position (not particularly what i aspired to do when i walked across the stage at graduation a couple months back), so i think he could read that i'm not necessarily crazy about the job. he could tell, however, that i was passionate about designing. that could be good or bad i guess.

overall though, i think it went okay. there are still two more rounds of interviews left. i'm just looking to tack on another half of the work week. updates, i'm sure, to come.

No comments: