Saturday, April 08, 2006

the fork in the road...

i've never really been a fan of making decisions. i tend to make the decision making process difficult by trying to be easy. i am indifferent (or sometimes pretend to be) to the choices before me because i want to make sure everyone else is happy. the problem is thats typically the game everyone else is playing, too.

deciding on what genre of food to fill my growling stomach with on sunday night is difficult enough. making a decision i know will change the course of my life is totally outside the realm of difficult.

i've come to a fork in the road of life. i've come to where two paths diverge in a wood. i've come just around the riverbend. and i need to decide which way to go. soon.

to double-major, or not to double-major. that is the question.

double-majoring would earn me a degree in both magazines (with a potojournalism emphasis) and interior design and would take me three years from now (five total). of course, dropping a major would leave me with one in two years time. the choice may seem obvious to you, but there are so many factors that play a role in this decision making process that my car is overheated, wagon axels broke, and boat is sinking.

the problem is that my decision not only affects me, but the people i love as well. and it seems that no matter what i decide to be the best for myself, i'm going to let someone down. someone will feel like i don't care what they think, that i don't have my priorities straight, that i'm going to regret my choice. even if they don't say it. and i hate that.

but trying to please everyone makes this decision impossible. so what is best for me?

the best way to make this decision is to bring it to God and earnestly seek his will is for me because i can't do this alone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Beanie. It's tough. We'll look at it over easter. We love you and want you to be happy. Choices are tough...life is tough. If you weren't so darn talented and blessed, then maybe you would not have so many choices to make. Instead, you have it all...tons of talent...tons of choices. xoxomom

Jonathan said...

With great power comes great responsibility :)

Jonathan said...

By the way, what do you call your carwagonboat? Sorry to hear that it's breaking down.

WATERFALL DESCENDER said...

Remember this...That ALL things work together for good to those who are called according to his purpose. The Lord is with you no matter what, always.

Remember that God's timetable is not always our own.

God is never late, always on time. His best never disappoints.

Remember this when coming to decisions.

God is not the author of confusion, nor fear.

He is in control.

You and your family/boyfriend/friends all know this I'm sure, but these saying really help me at times. Hope it helps.

In Christ,
Gregg