Thursday, July 14, 2005

firery sunset

i've been on a plane so many times...there is no way for me to give a reasonable estimate. hopping on a plane to get somewhere is almost as common as a car ride...and i've realized over the years how blessed i am to have travelled to so many different places before i even hit my 20's.

however, no matter how many take off and landings i've done, theres no doubt i'm going to put up a fuss when becca steals my seat by the window. it just hasn't grown old. for some reason, i love to watch as everything speeds by and we lift off...then everything gets smaller and smaller as the cars turn into micro machines on the highways and disappear behind a veil of white clouds as we climb higher. my 23rd birthday is going to be one of the saddest birthdays ever (i lose my flying priveledges).

this was the typical take off we had last sunday evening while my family was on its way to visit g-pops. after the excitement of take off, i usually just doze or flip through the sky mall magazine (becca and i can usually find some picture to laugh uncontrollably over). this time, i was reading a book (amazing for me...i know) when the sky suddenly caught the corner of my eye. it was incredible. the sun was setting as we were moving further and further from the clouds of hurricane dennis (which had been pouring rain on us) and the sky was a firey red. i was so excited about it that i woke becca up from her nap and made her look at it as i whipped out my camera. just as i pulled out the camera, the plane turned and the stupid wing got in the way.


so thats pretty much as good as it gets. for some reason i just couldn't resist snapping pictures...the sky seemed to change every minute or so
.

No comments: