Tuesday, April 14, 2009

a short update on little o

Whew. I've finally gotten a little time to sit down and write a post. I just thought I'd put up some information on those of you who may be interested. Owen has kept us pretty busy!

He's been doing great with pretty much all aspects of training. He hasn't destroyed anything and his potty training is doing well. He turned 12 weeks on Saturday and hasn't had an accident in the house 4 days! I'm sure I can expect a mistake soon though, according to every post I've read. Owen knows his name and comes when called and sits. He's even been sitting by the door and whimpering a little when he needs to go out and go potty!

Yesterday we took Owen to get his third set of boosters. At 6 weeks, Owen weighed in at 3.2 lbs. At 9 weeks, he was 3.5 lbs. Yesterday when the vet weighed him, he was a whopping 7.2 lbs!! he's more than doubled since last time...so he's obviously growing like a little weed!

His personality has begun to show more over the course of this past week. He's extremely feisty. He's found his favorite spot in the house...under our bed. He loves to dart in and out from under the bed skirt, doing his playful growl at the sheets. Its really cute. He sits by the closed bedroom door most of the time begging to go in. He's also getting a little spoiled I think. I put him up in his crate at night next to the bed on my nightstand. I've been letting him chew on a toy on the bed before I put him up at night. When he gets a little bored with that toy, he waddles over to his crate, stretches over to reach his crate on the nightstand, and pulls out another toy, chews on that for a minute or two, then goes for the next one. Pretty soon he's got 5 toys scattered all over the comforter! Its really funny to watch.

Owen has also started the bark when he wants my attention, which I try to correct. That isn't a good habit. He's just kind of developed an attitude lately.


Owen has a lot of fun playing with other dogs and meeting new people. He just wants to play, play, play! He's been really good with every dog except for the other day when he met a HUGE German Shepard. It was really the biggest one I've ever seen...like Great Dane size. Anyway, Owen "screamed" when he saw him and wet himself. When we tried to calm him down a bit and the German Shepard mozied his way over to sniff Owen, Owen snarled and yipped and was really very rude to him. I'm not quite sure what got into him but I'm hoping he doesn't already have an irrational fear of big dogs.

So thats a pretty good summary of things for now. Of course, I take about 15 pictures of Owen a day and there is no way that everyone else would be interested in looking through that many...so here are a select few :). note, i said select.

his little pink pads have almost disappeared now :(


Owen's day at the park.

the new coke ad.
Owen after his second bath

No comments: